Help & Advice

There are couple of ways where you can turn for help if you face difficult issues at work.

You can contact:

  • Citizens Advice – whether you want to find out what your rights are or you are facing a problem, Citizen Advice can help you. You can contact them at
  • Acas – employers and employees can look to Acas for free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practices. Acas also offers training and help in resolving workplace disputes. You can contact Acas at
  • A Trade Union – the objective of a trade union is to protect the interests of its members, usually workers and employees.  

Trade Union looks after employees interests at work by doing things such as:

  • assisting its members at disciplinary and grievance meetings 
  • negotiating agreements with employers on pay and conditions
  • discussing changes, redundancy
  • discussing members’ concerns with employers

If there is a union at your workplace, you can ask your manager or the trade union representative (‘rep’) about joining it.

URTU and USDAW are some of the trade unions that are representing the interests of workers in road haulage, distribution and logistics.